Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hometown Heroes



Ive been hearing about this collabo album for a long time now and I guess it's really supposed to drop in October. Fans of the Napster favorite 'Silly Puddy' will probably get a boner when they get their hands on 'Heroes In The City Of Dope', the new full length featuring Zion I and the Grouch.

Back in the mid/late 90's when I had my backpack strapped on tight and a King Cobra 40 in my hand at all times, the Grouch was one of my favorite MC's. As I grew older and realized I had plenty of my own problems, I started becoming tired of hearing about his.

It took me a long time to really get into Zion I, but I think 'True and Livin' is one of the best albums start to finish I've heard in a long time. MC Zion holds his own with all of the featured MC's and Amp Live is one of my favorite producers out there.

I downloaded these two tracks below from their MySpace page, check 'em out.

Flow - Zion I & The Grouch
Z and G - Zion I & The Grouch

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

should be a dope album

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mike T said...

I think so too, those two work good together.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home